This is an attempt to recreate a recipe from my old job. It’s ridiculously good.
1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
2 stalks celery, small dice
1 jalapeno, minced
1/4 cup fresh parsley, rough chop
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, rough chop
1/4 cup fresh dill, rough chop
Juice of 2 large limes
3 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 3.75-oz cans sardines packed in water, drained
1. Combine all ingredients except for the sardines.
2. Spoon the salad into two shallow bowls and top each with sardine fillets.
Serves 2 as a light entree.
I first encountered this raw dessert at my last job. Completely enamored with the idea, and in love with the gelling little chia seeds, I am now noticing it popping up in my current job. Here is my take on this simple, healthy dessert.
75 grams chia seeds
475 grams almond milk
75 grams honey (or coconut nectar, to make it vegan), divided
pinch of salt
frozen peaches, thawed
1. Combine the chia sees, almond milk, and 50 grams of the honey in a container and whisk (or cover and shake) to combine.
2. Allow to sit for at least 2 hours, or ideally overnight, to thicken.
3. Combine the peaches with the remaining 25 grams honey and puree or mash.
And without further ado, the hideous photo: