Here we have plain Greek yogurt dusted with turmeric, drizzled with honey, and garnished with pomegranate arils. Don’t forget it, because it’s f#@&!*$ delicious.
1 15-oz can chickpeas
1/2 onion, rough chop
1/4 cup parsley, rough chop
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp turmeric
2 Tbsp all-purpose flour (can substitute with any flour, including chickpea or chickpea/fava, which makes it gluten-free)
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
3 Tbsp olive oil
1. Combine ingredients and pulse in a food processor until the chickpeas are chopped up but not pureed. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, or until firm enough to handle.
2. Form chickpea mixture into little patties and lay out on a plastic wrap-lined baking sheet.
3. Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the patties to the pan and pan-fry, about 2-3 minutes per side, until golden brown and crispy.
4. Drain patties on a paper towel.
5. Serve atop a salad of tomatoes, chopped romaine lettuce, and lemon tahini dressing. Or, serve on a platter as an appetizer, with lemon tahini dressing for dipping.
Notes: patties need more structure, more flour. Mixture was too wet, flavor was pretty good. Above quantities are rough estimates. Needs to be tested a couple more times.