There are times when you just gotta embrace your inner crunchy self. Previously, my most granola moment was when I made homemade nut milk. This venture, I believe, takes my hippie-chicness to the next level; this is my level “11”.
No matter the quantity or type of bean, the procedure remains the same:
1. Rinse the beans a few times in a fine-mesh strainer under cold running water
2. Place the beans in a bowl and cover with cold water by an inch or two
3. Soak at room temperature overnight
4. Drain and rinse the beans in a fine-mesh strainer under cold running water
5. Wrap the beans in a clean, damp kitchen towel, place it in a bowl, and keep in a dark place at room temperature for at least a day to sprout (I left mine for about 36 hours). The longer you let them sit, the longer their tails grow!