Born from a need to use whatever was in the fridge and to supplement a fabulous sausage hamburger (yup–you heard me), this relish is the perfect side dish for a barbecue.
10-oz bag frozen corn, thawed
1 bunch radishes, thinly sliced
4 scallions, thinly sliced on a bias
Juice of 1 lime
2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
Kosher salt, to taste
Optional additions: blue cheese or avocado or jalapeño or feta, but it’s lovely on its own.
1. In a cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat, char the corn until dark golden brown in spots.
2. Combine corn with remaining ingredients.
Couldn’t be simpler or more delicious. A perfect side dish for al fresco dining, especially when paired with grilled skirt steak with chimichurri.
3 ears of corn, shucked and silks removed
2 zucchini, cut in half lengthwise, and then crosswise to make little half moons
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup cilantro, rough chop
kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
1. Place the corn directly on the grill and cook, turning occasionally, until charred, about 10 minutes.
2. Heat 2 tsp of the olive oil in a pan over high heat. Add the zucchini and sautee until tender, about 5 minutes.
3. Once the corn are cool enough to handle, remove the kernels from the cob.
4. Combine the corn kernels with the zucchini and toss with the remaining olive oil.
5. Stir in cilantro and season with salt and pepper, to taste.