A spin on a dish my dad and I made this past Christmas dinner. Beef Wellington (pate, mushroom duxelles, the whole bit) was served with roasted yukon gold potatoes and shallots, and a salad of shaved brussels sprouts, walnuts and apples julienne with a brown butter vinaigrette. Round two, here we go:
24 oz baby yukon gold potatoes
3 tbsp cup olive oil
salt and pepper, to taste
10 oz brussels sprouts
1/2 apple (I used a Granny Smith for its tartness, but any crisp, firm apple will work)
4 oz pecorino, broken into small chunks
Zest of 1 lemon
Juice of 1 1/2 lemons
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
2. Toss the potatoes with 1 tbsp of the olive oil, salt and pepper, to taste. Roast for about 25 minutes or until fork-tender.
3. Meanwhile, trim the ends off the brussels sprouts, halve, and thinly slice.
4. Julienne the apple (and leave the skin on, will ya?).
5. Halve the potatoes and toss with the brussels sprouts, apple, pecorino, lemon zest and juice and the rest of the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.