Inspired by Cherry Tomato Vinaigrette, as featured in June 2013’s Bon Appetit. Instead of being loose like a vinaigrette, I make this tomato dish more like a jam. It is amazing how the tomatoes thicken with a bit of heat and the flavor intensifies to become an addictive condiment.
1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1 pint cherry tomatoes
juice of 1/2 lemon
3 Tbsp chives, thinly sliced
1. Heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat.
2. Cut half of the tomatoes in half, and leave the rest whole.
3. Add the tomatoes to the pan once the oil is hot and season with salt and black pepper. Stir frequently until soft and broken down, about 5 minutes.
4. Squeeze juice of 1/2 lemon into the pan and cook for 1 minute longer.
5. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the chives. Adjust seasoning if necessary.