A spin on a classic. Here’s the gist:
1. Layer thin slices of cantaloupe on a plate (or platter if you’re making an appetizer).
2. Tear prosciutto, and break prosciutto crisps* into pieces, and scatter on top.
3. Thinly slice sugar snap peas or snow pea pods on a bias and add to the plate.
4. Garnish with diced or crumbled ricotta salata (I only had feta, which worked just fine) and torn mint.
5. Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Makes for a light dinner perfect for a summer evening, but would make an ideal, easy-to-assemble appetizer.
*To make the prosciutto crisps, lay the slices of prosciutto flat on a parchment paper-lined or greased baking sheet and bake in a 400 degree F oven for about 6-7 minutes, or until crisp.