1 pound red bliss potatoes
1/2 pound green beans
4-5 scallions, thinly sliced
juice of 1 lemon
1 clove garlic, gently crushed
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
1/4 cup olive oil
1. Place potatoes in a pot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook until potatoes can be easily pierced with a knife.
2. Bring another pot of water to a boil. Add the green beans and blanch for 3-5 minutes, or until tender but still firm and bright green. Drain and rinse the green beans briefly under cold running water.
3. Meanwhile, combine scallions with lemon juice, garlic clove, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Allow to marinate for 15-20 minutes. Remove garlic clove and then whisk in olive oil.
4. Drain the potatoes and, while still warm, cut each into 8 pieces and immediately toss with the vinaigrette.
5. Cut the green beans in half on a diagonal. Add to the potatoes and stir to coat.
6. Adjust seasoning and eat. Like, now.
This was a perfect served alongside roasted chicken.