3 Tbsp olive oil
1 eggplant, sliced 1/4 inch thick lengthwise
kosher salt and black pepper
1 15-oz container part-skim ricotta cheese
1 10-oz box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained well
zest of 1 lemon
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
2. Evenly coat a baking sheet with half of the olive oil.
3. Lay the eggplant slices on the baking sheet and drizzle with the remaining oil.
4. Season with salt and pepper and roast for 15-20 minutes, or until tender and the slices can easily be rolled.
5. While the eggplant is roasting, make the filling: combine the spinach with the ricotta cheese. Add the lemon zest and season with salt and pepper.
6. To assemble, place a tablespoon of the filling at the thicker end of the cooked slice of eggplant. Roll the eggplant and plate, seam side down.
7. Serve with red pepper sauce (recipe to follow).